Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the internet. I hope you’ll find something to read and relate to here.
The blog’s title is tonikaku （とにかく), which is Japanese for “anyways,” a word I use frequently in my personal diary. It’s also a play on words. If you write it like this: トニ書く, it becomes my name + kaku, the Japanese word meaning “to write.” In other words, the blog’s other title is Toni Writes.
I started this blog as a place for me to share my thoughts on just about everything, although some topics will likely be more prevalent than others. My life as an American expat in Japan is one of those topics. So are my (previously) long distance relationship with my boyfriend Akira, travel, and general life stuff. Whatever pops into my brain is up for grabs in this space.
- If you’re interested in hearing more about Japan, you can check out the Japan category.
- For more about my travels/vacations, check out the Travelog tag.
- For more general travel-based writing (tips, etc.), check out the Travel category.
- If you’re craving some relationship stuff, head over to the Relationships category.
- Check out my About the Blogger page to learn more about me.
This blog was created on July 6, 2016. I don’t want my blog to add stress to my life, so there is no such thing as a posting schedule here, and posts may appear weeks or even months after they actually occurred. I will not claim any consistency whatsoever. 🙂